REVIEW – So I have to admit that as soon as I read about the RavPower 6-Port USB Charger Filehub I was interested and wanted to test it. In my experience, I have found that RavPower makes some pretty good quality and functional products, and the possibility of having the combined capabilities of versatile charging options and data backup was too much for me to pass up.
What is it?
The RAVPower 6-Port USB Charger Filehub allows you to easily connect a USB drive to your phone & tablet. You can delete, copy, create folders or play HD media with the dedicated app on your phone or tablet. The features also include the ability to set up auto backup to free up your phone and tablet every time you plug it in and open the app.
What’s in the box
1 x Ravpower USB Charger
1 x AC Power cable
1 x User guide
1 x Warranty card
Design and features
- Charge & file share with one tool; fast-charge USB devices with a power delivery port (24W Max speed), QC3.0, two iSmart2.0 & Transfer data from the Two data transmission ports
- Free up space: connect your phone & USB hard drive (up to 4TB) to manage all your media, delete, copy, create folders, play media and transfer data at fast speeds up to 20 MB/s
- Auto back up while charging: plug in your phone every night to wake up to a fully charged phone with plenty of space, the best backup tool for your iPhone & iPad to any portable hard drive & SSD
- High-speed technology: 24W Max output power delivery & QC3.0 delivers fast power for your iPad Pro, iPhone, Samsung & switch; colossal 60W USB charging station with 6 ports to charge phones, tablets & simultaneously transfer data for one phone
On the front of the Filehub where all of the data ports are located, there are 6 USB ports. The photo and diagrams below show the ports and their functions, including the LED status indicators.
On the other side of the Filehub opposite the ports, is the AC jack.
The LED indicator lights are on the left side of the cover surrounding the ports.
This combination charger/Filehub is a multi-purpose device, but for me, the “meat and potatoes” is in its ability to back up and restore your phone and/or tablet. The charging ports are self-explanatory and work as advertised and expected, so I spent more time testing the backup functionality. To get started you plug in the device and then plug in a USB drive into the port designated as storage. obviously, you want to use a USB drive that is large enough to hold the contents of your phone. You then plug your phone into the port designated for your phone using its USB data/charging cable.
Once everything is plugged in, you download, install and open the U-Hub app which is available for both Android and IOS. Once you open the app, the choices and functions are self-explanatory.
The following are screenshots from the app:
What I like
- The build quality
- The charging ports and their built-in versatility
- The backup function
- The compact size
What I’d change
- Nothing!! it does what it is designed to do. (Maybe adding a baseplate that would make it more stable when positioned on its edge)
As I mentioned at the beginning of this review, I like RavPower products and their quality. This Filehub offers the same. It is a verswatile device that offers both charging/powering and backup capabilities all rolled up in one. It also offers the ability to restore files which is something that I will try when I get the next iPhone. I give RavPower another well done and two thumbs up!!
Powered by WPeMatico